The School Day
At Heath Hayes we open at 8:45am. Teaching begins as soon as your child arrives so it's vital that they arrive on time to begin learning.
Below is a time table of the school day.
- Registration & start of day activity, which includes, skills / core skills / read and response etc is 8:45am
- First session begins at 8:55am.
- Morning break is 10:00am-10:15 am (Monday-Friday)
- Second session begins 10:15am - 11:15am
- Third session begins 11:15am - 12:00pm
- Reading time 12:00-12:15pm
- Lunch time is 12:15-1:15pm
- Fourth session begin 1:30pm
- Fifth session begins 2:15pm
- Reading 3:00pm
- School closes 3:15pm.
Assembly time table
Monday - Celebration Assembly for the whole school - 2:40pm
(Parents will receive invitations to attend if their child is given a Star pupil Award or Reader of the Week award).
Tuesday - Key Stage 2 Assembly (Year 3, 4, 5, & 6)
Wednesday - Key Stage 1 Assembly, plus EYFS (Year 1, 2 & Reception)
Thursday - Head teachers Assembly
Friday - Singing Assembly
.The current homework schedule consists of reading every night, spellings and mad minutes. Please see your child's teacher if you are unsure of your child's work.