The School Day
At Heath Hayes Academy we open at 8:45 am. Teaching begins as soon as your child arrives so it's vital that they arrive on time.
Below is a timetable of the school day.
- Registration & start of day activity - 8:45 am (including basic skills and read and respond)
- First session begins at 8:55 am.
- Morning break is 10:00 am- 10:15 am
- Second session begins 10:15 am - 11:15 am
- Third session begins 11:15 am - 12:00 pm
- Reading time 12:00 pm -12:15 pm
- Lunch time is 12:15 pm -1:15 pm
- Fourth session begins 1:30 pm - 2:15 pm
- Fifth session begins 2:15 pm - 3:00 pm
- Whole class reading 3:00 pm
- School closes 3:15 pm.
Monday - Celebration Assembly for the whole school - 2:40 pm
(Parents will receive invitations via the app to attend if their child is given a Hero's Journey Award or reading certificate).
.The current homework schedule consists daily practise of reading, spelling and maths skills (multiplication tables). Please see your child's teacher if you require any additional support or resources.