Physical Education (PE)
At Heath Hayes Academy, we recognise the importance of PE and the role it has to play in promoting long term, healthy lifestyles. The intent of our PE curriculum is to provide all children with high quality PE and sport provision. It is our vision for every pupil to succeed and achieve their potential as well as to lead physically active lifestyles. We strive to inspire our pupils through fun and engaging PE lessons that are enjoyable, challenging and accessible to all. We want our pupils to appreciate the benefits of a healthy and physically active lifestyle. Through our teaching of PE, we will provide opportunities for pupils to develop values and transferable life skills such as fairness and respect as well as providing them with opportunities to take part in competitive sport.
School Sports Premium Funding
The Government is providing each primary school throughout England with additional funding which is to be spent on improving the sports provision within schools. At Heath Hayes Academy we believe a high quality PE curriculum should be an integral part of the whole school curriculum and one that staff, pupils and parents understand and can contribute to. Our school recognises the values that a high quality PE and school sport curriculum gives pupils.
The main aims of this funding from the Government are:
- To improve the quality and breadth of P.E. in schools
- Increasing children’s participation in sport
- To promote healthy lifestyles by children
- To have better outcomes for children in their attitudes to sport and performance in sport
At Heath Hayes Academy our priorities in using this extra funding, plus funds and staffing from our existing budget are:
- To improve the physical education experience for all children in our school
- To increase physical activity opportunities for our children
- To enable our children to enjoy a range of school sport outside of the curriculum
- To ensure access for all children to high quality physical education lessons to develop fitness, stamina, health and well-being